380 South Lamar Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Tuesday - Saturday
10 AM - 5 PM
noon - 5 PM
Saturday, December 9, 201710 AM-8 PM
The Gertrude C. Ford and The Donna and Jim Barksdale Galleries
The 16th installment in the The Annie Laurie Swaim Hearin Memorial Exhibition Series
With approximately 175 works by more than 100 different artists, this exhibition is unprecedented in the history of Mississippi that illuminates the perception and depiction of Mississippi from the time of European settlement to the present day. The exhibition features individual masterpieces by artists seldom exhibited in the state, including George Caleb Bingham, Robert Indiana, John James Audubon, Louis Bahin, Thomas Hart Benton, John Steuart Curry, Andy Warhol, and Jean-Michel Basquiat—as well as a plethora of works by native Mississippians such as James Tooley, Jr.; Eudora Welty; William Dunlap; and Randy Hayes.
• Tours at 10:30 AM, 1 PM, and 3:30 PM
• Also on view White Gold: Thomas Sayre and Hank Willis Thomas: Flying Geese
• Drop-in studio activity for all ages: Mississippi Cotton
• Cocktails and refreshments available for purchase beginning at 4 PM
• Complimentary shuttle service to and from the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum and the Museum of Mississippi History
This event is free and open to the public.