380 South Lamar Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Tuesday - Saturday
10 AM - 5 PM
noon - 5 PM
Monday, June 3, 2019 to Friday, June 7, 20199 AM - noon
Teacher: McKenzie Drake
Cost: $175 (Members: $148.75)
Every day we see shadows, but how do we make them? Incorporating paper and sculptural on view in the exhibition Black Out: Silhouettes Then and Now, this week’s campers investigate how to make shadows, create sculptural works of art that make shadows, and play outside in the sun to see their own shadows! On the last day of class, we will showcase our work for parents and caretakers and have a celebration at the Museum’s splash pad. And remember to always bring your imagination and DRESS FOR MESS!
• All materials are covered in the cost of registration. Museum members receive 15% off!
• For half-day classes (9 AM-noon), please pack a snack. For full-day classes (9 AM-4 PM), please pack snacks and a lunch.
• The application process for need-based scholarships will open in mid-April.
• Volunteer openings are available. APPLY HERE
• Questions? Contact McKenzie Drake, William R. Hollingsworth Fellow at email@example.com or 601.695.9912
Generously sponsored by