380 South Lamar Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Tuesday - Saturday
10 AM - 5 PM
noon - 5 PM
Monday, July 8, 2019 to Friday, July 12, 20191 - 4 PM
Cost: $175 (Members: $148.75)
Through building with sculptural materials such as clay, papier-mâché, wire, large beads, and found materials, campers in this afternoon class will become familiar with the fundamentals of sculpture. This week will not only challenge students to think creatively, but three-dimensionally! With projects and conversations inspired by work in the exhibition Black Out: Silhouettes Then and Now and our Mississippi Invitational exhibition, students will learn and have fun creating their own pieces of art. On the last day of class, we will showcase our work for parents and caretakers and have a celebration at the Museum’s splash pad. And remember to always bring your imagination and DRESS FOR MESS!
• All materials are covered in the cost of registration. Museum members receive 15% off!
• For half-day classes (9 AM-noon), please pack a snack. For full-day classes (9 AM-4 PM), please pack snacks and a lunch.
• The application process for need-based scholarships will open in mid-April.
• Volunteer openings are available. APPLY HERE
• Questions? Contact McKenzie Drake, William R. Hollingsworth Fellow at email@example.com or 601.695.9912