380 South Lamar Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Tuesday - Saturday
10 AM - 5 PM
noon - 5 PM
Monday, June 3, 2019 to Friday, June 7, 20199 AM - 4 PM
Teacher: Samantha King
Cost: $250 (Members: $212.50)
Experiment with ceramics, paper, paint, and performance as we learn to tell stories through art. This week, students will find inspiration in artworks on view in the exhibition Black Out: Silhouettes Then and Now and create their own works that cast interesting shadows, emphasizing the use of line, shape, and form. On the last day of class, we will showcase our work for parents and caretakers and have a celebration at the Museum’s splash pad. And remember to always bring your imagination and DRESS FOR MESS!
• All materials are covered in the cost of registration. Museum members receive 15% off!
• For half-day classes (9 AM-noon), please pack a snack. For full-day classes (9 AM-4 PM), please pack snacks and a lunch.
• The application process for need-based scholarships will open in mid-April.
• Volunteer openings are available. APPLY HERE
• Questions? Contact McKenzie Drake, William R. Hollingsworth Fellow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.695.9912
Generously sponsored by